We offer direct billing to 10 major insurers, covering 85% of privately insured Canadians.
- Reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Eliminate insurance paperwork.
Ask us to submit your claim at your next visit.
Mayfair Optometric Clinic spends a great deal of time helping the less fortunate get the eye care and glasses they need. Here is a good example of their work in our community. Click the link below and watch the video.
Find the best defence against sun damage.
The list of risks is extensive. Unfortunately, awareness of these risks is not so extensive, says optometrist Stephen Taylor. “Studies show that barely one in six say that eye health was the reason for wearing sunglasses. The majority believe that sunglasses are best suited to cutting glare.”
Even if we’re aware of potential eye health problems, the summer activities we all enjoy can heighten our risks in ways we don’t expect. Hiking, swimming and other water sports, and outdoor sports such as golf can have unexpected effects on our eye health.
“Don’t forget that, when hiking at higher altitudes, the air is thinner so there is more UV radiation,” says Taylor. UV radiation jumps by 4 percent for every 1,000 ft (305 m) of elevation. For example, hiking a 20,000 ft (6,000 m) mountain would expose you to 80 percent more UV radiation compared to taking a walk at sea level.
Read the entire article here >> Protect Your Eyes
An exclusive afternoon at Mayfair Optometric Clinic
TUESDAY JULY 21, 2015
3:00pm to 6:00pm
MAYFAIR OPTOMETRIC CLINIC
3196 Douglas St, Victoria, BC V8Z 3K6
A FASHIONABLE AFTERNOON YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS!
- Cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks
- Red Barn Barn-b-que and summer snacks
- NICHE magazine fashion show featuring local swimwear, resort wear & MOC eyewear
- Mini beauty makeovers by NICHE expert makeup artist, Alexandra Forman
- Nostalgic photo booth by Four Frames Photo Booth Victoria
- Social media kiosk with live Instagram and Twitter event action
- Awesome door prizes by Mayfair Optometric Clinic, NICHE & atHOME Victoria magazine
- Event discounts: 30% off frames & 10% off most designer sunglasses *excludes Oakley
One lucky guest will win a pair of DESIGNER SUNGLASSES & choose the pair they love most from a large selection of Coach, Fendi, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Ray Ban & more…
the winner is…..
Sometimes, against a uniform, bright background such as a clear sky or a blank computer screen, you might see things floating across your field of vision. What are these moving objects, and how are you seeing them? Michael Mauser explains the visual phenomenon that is floaters.
Our vision is precious. It shapes how we connect with the world around us and captures life’s special moments. Finding an eye doctor and engaging in regular checkups will help ensure a clear future for total eye health.